My photo
Computer Animation student at Ringling College of Art and Design.

Pages

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Alligator Sit Stand

Our Sit/Stand project in Computer Animation 2 was the biggest project of the year. This assignment is the culmination of everything I've learned in my first year using Maya. The 2 and a half months of work it took to finish this project were challenging, at times very stressful, and in the end incredibly rewarding. Here is some of my process work:

I started out with a simple alligator farmer design.

I knew from the start that my biggest challenge of the assignment would be modeling and rigging a character with a snout and tail. So with those obstacles in mind I made sure to keep aspects like the environment very simple.

I learned a lot about lighting and texturing throughout this assignment and I think the short ended up with the bright, cartoony aesthetic I was going for.

And here's the final piece!

No comments:

Post a Comment